There are some great covers of my song “Perpetual Burn” out there. Check out Jeff Loomis’ version on YouTube. Alexandra Zerner also has a nice one. I notice that some people have a little trouble figuring out the intro licks, though. That is understandable, because I didn’t play them completely clean. My lame excuse for that is that the amp was feeding back a lot between the licks, so instead of having silence between each one, I had to use the bar. I had to change my way of thinking about this part, which is what you have to do sometimes. Marty Friedman used to say, “A craftsman never blames his tools.” I totally agree with that. Many people have excuses for why they aren’t kicking ass. I find that some of the time, it is just that they haven’t practiced enough. Try to be good on any guitar and amp.
- Jason Becker and Pat Becker Share Their Thoughts on Triumphant Hearts One Year Anniversary
- Marty Friedman Talks What He & Jason Becker Didn’t Like About ’80s Shred Scene & Why Cacophony Never Took Off
- Jason Becker Holiday Update
- Jason Becker Triumphant Hearts in Guitar World Poll for The Best Guitar Album of the Decade.
- Jason Becker: “My heroes understand how devastating it would feel to not be able to play their guitar anymore”