Story Behind the Song
Posted by pvan42 
Story Behind the Song
November 08, 2010 03:10AM
Hey Jason,

First I want to say that your music has really touched my life and inspired me as a guitar player. I discovered Perpetual Burn and the Cacophony albums earlier this year and I am so glad to have found them. The first time I listened to Altitudes was literally life-altering. :-) Thank you.

I was wondering if you would take a few moments to reflect upon each these songs and tell us here at the forum a story behind each of the songs on Perpetual Burn (if you haven't done it before)? What was the inspiration behind the music and title, what was interesting and/or unique about writing/recording them, what would you do differently and/or do you feel really succeeds about the songs? To sort of give you an example what I mean, Marty Friedman did this for the Go Off! album -- [www.martyfriedman.com]

I'd really love to read the stories behind these songs--although the music does tell such beautiful stories on it's own.

I hope you're doing well. Thanks again for the great music and the inspiration.
Sincerely,
Peter
Re: Story Behind the Song
November 10, 2010 09:56PM
Thank you, Peter! What Marty wrote was great and it really took me back. I am so busy right now that I just can't do it. Please ask me again in a couple months. I did it for my Raspberry Jams CD. It is on this site in the Discography section.
Jason
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login