Perpetual Burn Tone
Posted by SpykSaturn 
Perpetual Burn Tone
December 10, 2014 06:13AM
Before I delve off into tone questions, let me get the mushy stuff out of the way ;-). You and Marty make up the better part of my sound when it comes to phrasing, the scales I use, and the way I sweep arpeggios. If it wasn't for this album, I would have never practiced as much as I did when I was in high school. Hell, I never even used my trem bar until I was inspired by the things you do with it, and now it is so much a part of how I play, I can't keep myself from playing with the damn thing. You really opened my eyes to guitar technique and although we have never met, you would be about the closest thing to a guitar teacher I have ever had, with all the youtube videos, and how many times over I watched those clinics. Thank you so much for everything you've done, put out musically, and how awesome to this day you are to all of us who are lucky enough to not just have you around, but actually be in communications with us all (how many guitar gods do you know that do that :-P).

Now on to my question :-D. I am trying to hard to get your lead tone. I feel as if I hear people on youtube get it WAY easy and I can't seem to even touch it. My tone sounds too....clean for lack of a better word. Not neccisarly because of distrotion, but, and I may be wrong about this, because I am not boosting in the right areas of the high end of eq. The tone for Perpetual Burn (or the whole album really) is like the holy grail to me and it's been one hell of a quest. I know it's been a long time sense those days, so if you don't know, I wouldn't blame you in the least. Maybe a fan would know on here that could shed some light on this if you aren't sure. Either way I love you Jason!! I send to you my positive vibes and the hopes of a wonderful day!
Re: Perpetual Burn Tone
January 01, 2015 10:44PM
Wow, thank you so very much! That means a lot to me.

All I remember is that I used a very good sounding 100 watt Marshall head with a Boss super overdrive pedal. I used my white and black Hurricane Guitar, which has a pickup similar to my Perpetual Burn Seymour Duncan pickup.
Re: Perpetual Burn Tone
March 04, 2015 05:53PM
Hi Jason,

About 2 years ago you came to my attention and i must say i'm a big fan since then.
Recently i bought a Carvin Jb200c and although they discontinued the original color (mine is dark blue).
I'm still very happy with it (best guitar ever).
For know i'm busy learning the 5th , the 24th and 16th caprice. And i see where you got your inspiration from. Paganini was king, and so are you sir.
My question is this : how did you manage to get a "clean" separation between notes while playing
with so much distortion ?
Can you tell me a little bit about your (muting) technique ?
Wishing you all the best.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Teun Eijgenrook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login